56Re: [midatlanticretro] New to MARCH

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Feb 18, 2005
      what you don't have in quantity you have in quality...what REV (revision) is the KIM?  I have an expansion board for a newer KIM, but I am not sure what REV it's for exactly.  It's blue if that helps.  There are ports for s-100 bus and cassette and ??...Let me know if you'd like me to bring the board.

      I have a working REV G Kim

      I am bringing a complete VIC-20 setup as my contribution to the TCF.  A newer 6502.

      Bill Degnan
      vintagecomputer.net

      In a message dated 2/18/2005 1:06:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, us21090@... writes:
      But all pshaw-ing aside, I do have a KIM-1 single-board computer that
      I'm pleased to still have (my childhood Digi-Comp 1, Think-a-Dot and
      GENIAC were victims of house cleaning!).  The site
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIM-1 has a nice page on this computer.
      In short, it was an in-expensive single-board computer system
      developed by MOS to show off the capabilities of their new CPU, the
      6502 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technologies_6502 ).   It
      was wildly popular (to the chagrin of Intel and Motorola) and lead to
      the choice for CPUs in the Apple ][, Commodore, Atari, NES and others.
      Cool to have the system.  Nope-- not for swap, trade or for sale.

      But I haven't powered it up in years (decades?).  I'm busy this time
      of year, but if I can get some time I'd love to get it working and
      come to TCF.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic