5559Re: New pcb design for S-100 prototype board available

  • Herb Johnson
    Jun 3, 2007
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > I've been working on a pcb design for a S-100 prototype board.
      > http://pghvintage.home.comcast.net/pics/S-100/s-100_prototypeboard.jpg
      >
      > I like to ask everyone what their preference might be in the
      arrangement
      > of the solder pads, eg: vertical rows, horizontal rows, grid, etc. If I
      > get enough feedback, I can include 2 different styles. It's not much
      > work to alter the design. I have a panel setup to include 2 pcb designs
      > at the moment, and it can be any 2 kinds of S-100 designs. In the
      > future, I like to setup a bigger panel to include several more S-100
      > designs.
      >.... with
      > enough orders(minimum 30) then I can offer these for only $15 each.
      >
      > please send any feedback.
      > =Dan Roganti http://ragooman.home.comcast.net/ ]

      It's a nice, straightforward protoboard design you've photographed.
      Can you really offer these at $15, with *plated edge connectors*, all
      drilled out - and still cover your costs? Maybe you can make some
      boards (of my design) for ME on those terms! We can talk privately
      about stuff like that (after the upcoming VCF show).

      The only downside to your vertical runs of chips is that it limits
      chip count. Some protos are horizontal runs, some are perforated at .1
      centers on the whole board. I'd prefer the whole-board perforated
      design, and run my own grounds and power, for maximum flexibility. But
      for a simple design using a dozen to 20 small chips, or a few large
      chips, your board will do the job.

      So good luck on your project! Keep me posted.

      Herb Johnson
      yeah, Dr. S-100

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA