5456Re: WTD: Morrow Wunderbuss Thinker Toys Motherboard Schematic/docs

  • Herb Johnson
    May 8 10:29 AM
      Bill Degan posted here a request for zener diode information for a
      Morrow Wunderbus card; he said I did not have that manual listed. Bill
      also sent me a request privately.

      In fact, I DO have that manual listed on my site, and I replied to
      Bill with some zener information. Meanwhile Dan replied here at MARCH:

      Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > I almost posted a lengthly explanation on the march group list before I
      > noticed you posted the pic on cctech. The power supply in that circuit
      > is a -12V not +12V. The voltage regulator part # on there is a 7912
      > which outputs -12V. The part that is blown on there is an electrolytic
      > cap, not a zener (note the + sign on each end of the cap). Both of
      those
      > parts below the 7912 are the same type of part.

      ..among other comments.

      This is why I don't do diagnosis of S-100 problems by email. There IS
      a zener diode on the Wunderbus, and I conveyed to Bill the information
      about it, and offered a manual to him. As for the picture, I've not
      seen it, so I have no idea what the actual problem is. I don't follow
      cctech simply because I can't keep up with traffic. I can't really
      keep up with it here "in" MARCH for that matter.

      For those who don't know: I have a very very large collection of S-100
      manuals, from which I offer good photocopies for a modest fee per
      page. Yes, there are free PDF's on the Web: my customers tell me that
      my copies are superior, and I have manuals not otherwise available.
      The fees I charge allow me to continue this service, year after year.

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s100.html

      Oh, and the title at that home page advises "I let the MANUALS do the
      talking". Most S-100 manuals provide schematics, circuit and
      programming descriptions at length: some include source code listings.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA