5424Designing Vintage Hardware (was Altair 680 Basic - loading without papertape)

  • David Comley
    May 4, 2007
      --- Dan <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > I always wondered if there was any need for
      > designing vintage hardware.

      I've had several design needs for things over the
      years, the most recent being for MFM disk emulation
      running over IDE (subject of a recent thread here or
      on cctalk).

      Dan, you'd mentioned a source for low-cost Atmel
      microcontroller boards last weekend. Could you provide
      the name of the supplier ? I really need to know if
      they have a low-cost development board. The stock
      development system runs over $1000 which is a little
      steep.