5414Re: [midatlanticretro] Altair 680 Basic - loading without papertape

  • Dan
    May 2 3:24 PM
      ahh, yes, you still need the extra memory.
      Altair Basic is 8Kbytes for either the 8800 or the 680 models.
      And then there's only a few bytes left onboard to actually write a program.
      You might want to contact Grant at his website to get the larger memory
      upgrade.
      The last time (Jan) I talked to him he was still in the middle of
      building this.
      I think it was 64KB on one card.
      http://www.altairkit.com/

      FYI, alot of the manuals are freely available online here too
      http://vt100.net/manx/search?q=;start=0;on=0;cp=39

      I updated my webpage with other notes I received from Grant.

      =Dan