5225Re: [midatlanticretro] OS/2 on a Toshiba lapmonster

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Apr 1, 2007
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Mark,

      I'm not Mark, but I've run OS/2 a lot, so I thought I might be able to
      take a swing at this.

      > What version of OS/2 might you recommend for my "new" Toshiba T6600C
      > lapmonster (cira 1993)? It has 8M RAM. I have yet to run a diagnostics
      > program on it so I don't know what the video chip is. It has a built-in
      > Adaptec SCSI interface that runs the CD-ROM, which might affect reading
      > a setup CD. Also, I installed an NE-2000 network card, so it would be
      > nice if that worked as well. Any thoughts?

      Anything newer than Warp 3 would probably do just fine. There's a bunch
      of new capabilities that would make Warp 4 very convenient. One is that
      it's very easy to install a late-model web browser.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic