5222RE: [midatlanticretro] IBM PC and XT IS vintage (was: Debatably OT: Home needed for a IBM XT Clone)

    Apr 1, 2007
      There are plenty of exceptions. Ergo "almost" but not all.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: madodel [mailto:madodel@...]
      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:22 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM PC and XT IS vintage (was: Debatably OT:

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Right ... Tim, I did laugh out loud at your comment, but Bill's
      > correct
      > -- context beats age.
      >
      > But having said that, (almost) anything 286 and newer ain't welcome here.

      Though I agree about windoze on any machine :-) , that rule would leave me
      out then. OS/2 only ran on 286 or better machines and a very limited subset
      of PowerPC machines. Not all 286/386/486 machines were in the same league.
      IBM's PS/2 line with MCA bus was a marvel of technology for the time and
      still has a loyal following and is actively collected. Both PS/2's and OS/2
      have unfortunately met their end of life.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2007 - Where?, http://www.warpstock.org