5039Re: [midatlanticretro] Altair 680 Project Update

  • Bob Grieb
    Mar 1, 2007
      Bill,

      Looking at the photo showing the missing chip,
      it appears that you may also be missing a few components
      in the O/I section. (or is that I/O? :-) ) I see a place
      that looks like it had a transistor, and two pads that look
      like a resistor was once there. Maybe it's the difference
      between 20 mA current loop and RS-232 or something.

      Nice pictures, BTW.

      Bob Grieb

      --- billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > I am learning a lot about the Altair 680. It appears that the memory
      >
      > is OK, but as you can see from the latest pictures...
      > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/MITS/680/pictures.html
      > ...I am missing a chip, a 74L123. Might anyone here have a spare
      > lying
      > around?
      >
      > Bill

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic