5011Re: [midatlanticretro] Wha's our cut-off age for "retro"?

  • madodel
    Feb 24, 2007
      Bob Applegate wrote:
      > Sorry, no PS/2s.
      >
      > Yes, I have 2 or 3 no-name VGA monitors, but do you mean EGA? I think
      > we posted
      > one of the old 14" VGAs onto a freecycle list this morning. Once I get
      > a small LCD
      > for the servers, then another CRT will be available.

      I also have a few non-IBM VGA monitors, including an old Gateway, but what
      I would like are some IBM monitors that would be more historically
      appropriate for the PS/2 machines. I keep meaning to check with my local
      electronic recycling center to see if they have any IBM monitors or maybe
      even a PS/2 machine. People are junking this stuff every day and it was
      built to last unlike the planned-obsolescent stuff they make in China
      now-a-days.

      > BTW, I know a lot of guys who worked on OS/2, and I interviewed with
      > that group at
      > one point.

      In Austin or when it was in Boca? I only know a few of the people from Austin.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2007 - Where?, http://www.warpstock.org