4997Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Altair 680b - running!

    Feb 24, 2007
      and the headaches :-)

      My system:
      The baud rate of the motherboard is 1200 (jumpered in)
      The terminal bit is high (indicates that it expects a terminal).
      RAM Memory is jumpered to 0000 location (1K)
      Stop bits = 2
      According to the Monitor guide F002 are the toggle settings for the
      switches (first 4 up, second-to-last up, the rest off/down)
      I took two known working terminals, set to 1200 baud each and followed the
      start up directions.

      I am not getting the expected dot prompt. There is nothing on the screen.

      I guess I will poke at the ports with the oscilloscope to see if a signal
      is coming out.

      Bill D
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic