4876Re: [midatlanticretro] anyone doing any vintage computing tonight?

    Feb 1, 2007
      yes to question 1, Kelly will be better to answer your 2nd question but
      usually it's the drive not the controller. when I get a cylinder 0 head 0
      error, that means possibly that it's not a compatible drive. what do you
      know about the hard drive?
      bd

      At 11:32 PM 2/1/2007 -0500, you wrote:
      >On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, B. Degnan wrote:
      >
      > > Me? I am working on some old disk drives, basically taking each one and
      > > testing on a RadioShack Coco II with a 502 FD cart/adapter.
      >
      > I spent the evening cleaning up my just acquired Model I Expansion
      >Interface, and checking it out. Question: when you <BREAK> to get into
      >BASIC when no drives are attached, what should "PRINT MEM" display? The
      >EI has 32KB installed, but the MEM command only shows the 16KB (15,772)
      >in the system unit. Is that normal?
      >
      > I also had a chance to hook up a replacement hard drive on my Model
      >6000HD. Same problem as with the two drives that came with it: trying to
      >format with diskutil gives an error saying that cylinder 0, head 0 is bad
      >so the drive is unuseable. Looks like the controller board may have a
      >problem.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic