4875Re: [midatlanticretro] anyone doing any vintage computing tonight?

  • Mike Loewen
    Feb 1, 2007
      On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, B. Degnan wrote:

      > Me? I am working on some old disk drives, basically taking each one and
      > testing on a RadioShack Coco II with a 502 FD cart/adapter.

      I spent the evening cleaning up my just acquired Model I Expansion
      Interface, and checking it out. Question: when you <BREAK> to get into
      BASIC when no drives are attached, what should "PRINT MEM" display? The
      EI has 32KB installed, but the MEM command only shows the 16KB (15,772)
      in the system unit. Is that normal?

      I also had a chance to hook up a replacement hard drive on my Model
      6000HD. Same problem as with the two drives that came with it: trying to
      format with diskutil gives an error saying that cylinder 0, head 0 is bad
      so the drive is unuseable. Looks like the controller board may have a
      problem.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...