4837OOPS!!! --- RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone? Museum volunteer for this Sunday please?

    Jan 27, 2007
      Jeff, I apologize.  I intended the reply to be private.

      From: Evan Koblentz [mailto:evan@...]
      Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 7:20 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone? Museum volunteer for this Sunday please?

      Okay.

      I feel like a dick for saying this, but please keep in mind that the major purpose is to educate visitors about our club -- not to just hang out -- although fun is otherwise quite encouraged.

      In addition to the C= stuff, there's also a box (again, "Somewhere!") of cables and software for the Xerox 820 if you want to work on it.  Another system which works is the Kaypro; there's a white-ish box underneath the oscilloscope with software for that, too.  The HP-85 also works, but you'll want to download, print, and bring with you the pocket guide to programming it from www.series80.org -- ours is the model 85B -- but the site isn't loading right now; it worked last week so try it again later if you want.  I previously told you that our Epson HX-20 works great as well -- it has a fun demo program already in RAM so all you have to do is turn it on, press '2' to enter BASIC, then type RUN.  Please do not mess with the program since I haven't yet copied it to tape, but go ahead and demo it, especially to kids.

      The only things that are really "No touch!" are the EAI TR-20 (big analog thing in the corner with punchboard wired programming) and the Altair 8800.

      Good luck!!!  I saw Fred today and he'll be around to let you in at 1-ish.