4741Re: [midatlanticretro] any vintage computers under the tree/minorrah/etc?

  • M. Frank
    Dec 29, 2006
      Bill I need the system disks for the xerox 820-II (5 1/4), I have the following boot disks: Dec Rainbow, Eagle II, IBM cp/m 86, kaypro II, I, NCR Decisionmate V, northstar horizon, osborne 1, executive, Sanyo MBC 1250, Televideo 803, various TRS-80, Victor 9000 (dos only) Vector 4 (maybe).  I'm fairly sure that most of these work at least they did at one time but they havn't been tested recently.   I need the xerox 820, televideo 802, NEC-APC 8" dos and/or cpm86 and Victor 9000 cp/m.  Someone should be putting together a boot disk archive - I've had very little luck in downloading disk images and getting them to work but I don't have a computer background.  I've had no luck with teledisk.  If I can help anyone out with these disks let me know - I may not be able to make copies so you would have to try what I have and send them back.    Mike
      Note to Evan:  sorry i havn't been able to help at Infoage - I hope to have some free time in the future

      billdeg <billdeg@...> wrote:
      Not for me, but here is a list of some recent additions to my collection

      1973 Paddleball Arcade machine. This is a Williams PONG clone. Takes
      dimes. Needs a new transformer. Worked up to 2004, I was told. The
      display is OK. Owned by Cassidy of atarionline. com, donated to Mark of
      phillyclassic. com, sold to me.

      Xerox 820 - II. with hard drive/disk drive unit, in original boxes -
      Works! I have been able to make copies of the system disks if anyone
      has an 820-II and needs a boot disk or wants to attempt to format a
      same system's hard drive.

      Tandy Radio Shack pocket computer - works OK, screen is a little burned.

      Also, on 12/16/06
      Bryan POP gave me some disk drives - thanks!
      CBM 8250 dual IEEE drive - needs some TLC
      CBM 2031 single IEEE drive - needs a new DOS ROM (I think...5 beeps is
      the error code) I hope to pull one from a more common and sacrifice-
      able VIC 1541 drive

      Bill D

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic