4660Top 10 List of Mid-Atlantic CompSci Vendors(was) Syntrex Aquarius II

    Dec 5, 2006
      Evan,
      OK.

      At 09:18 PM 12/5/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      >It's interesting to MARCH because of its local angle, certainly not because
      >of its technology. I'd rather see us take it than not. Bill, if we have to
      >buy it, then cc: me and Jim privately.

      New Topic:
      Does anyone have a opinion/list of the key 1950's-->1980's vendors of
      computer hardware and/or software who operated their headquarters in the
      mid atlantic region during that time? What are the top 10 or 15 that we
      should be concentrating on? Is there a criteria for defining qualifying
      vendors aside from their operation/manufacturing location? Should our MARCH
      booth at the yearly VCF's focus on one vendor at a time or vote on the
      vendor of the year, etc. ?

      P.S. I just picked up on Ebay a really cool 6502-based computer that has a
      custom(?) Exatron stringy floppy drive peripheral. Merry Christmas to
      me. I'll write more about it when I get it. May the gods of packing
      material bless this package.

      ¿ß¡¶ Dë¢ñ@ñ?
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic