      From: Joe Giliberti <Starbase89@...>
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 6:46:46 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Very OT: Anyone selling a cheap car in the NJ/NJ/PA area?

      Might have found something thanks to the link to south Jersey Craigslist. A 1998 Ford Taurus that needs a new starter for $600. I'm not a fan of domestics, but its my first car. Whatever's cheapest wins.

      On 8/21/06, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@gmail. com> wrote:

      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Right you are! Joe: here's a direct link to the south Jersey page with
      > all vehicles under $1,000: http://tinyurl. com/ee2ps ... LOL, when I was
      > 16, my uncle * gave * me his '79 Caprice Classic rather than * pay * a
      > junkyard to haul it away. My friends in high school promptly named it
      > the "S.S. Evan"... it was two-tone (white and rust)... mostly rust. But
      > sometimes it actually ran and gas was a buck a gallon, so who cared? It
      > was freedom!

      My first car was a '68 Buick Electra Estate. My second was an '83 Buick
      Century. I was well known for driving land yachts. The Century had so
      much rust it was held together with bumper stickers and decals. 8-)

      Peace... Sridhar

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic