4108As previously asked / re: museum volunteers?

    Sep 6, 2006
      I asked this a while ago and nobody replied.

      InfoAge is looking for people from each member group who can volunteer just
      ** ONE DAY ** per year. It would be a Saturday or Sunday and would involve
      welcoming any visitors to the main building, giving them a simple tour, and
      pointing them to the preview room and/or information documents of whatever
      they are interested in learning about. Of course you can focus on MARCH if
      they're interested.

      InfoAge wants a list of all potential volunteers -- actually they wanted the
      list a couple of weeks ago. In addition to being fun and getting the
      satisfaction of seeing InfoAge actually be "open" to the public, this is a
      great way for MARCH to do its part for the overall cause, without having to
      make any major time or monetary commitments.

      Any and all volunteers are welcome. I intend to volunteer for several days,
      but that's an exception since I live nearby and don't have wifely or child

      Of course, everyone is welcome to bring along a friend, portable DVD player,
      or whatever you wish to pass the time if nobody happens to show up on your
      volunteer day. Or better yet, you could use the time to work on restoring
      an old computer, building an exhibit, doing some InfoAge project of
      interest, etc.

      Please let me know. Feel free to go off-list as well...

      - Evan
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic