4022Re: [midatlanticretro] Very OT: Anyone selling a cheap car in the NJ/NJ/PA area?

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Aug 21 9:00 AM
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Right you are! Joe: here's a direct link to the south Jersey page with
      > all vehicles under $1,000: http://tinyurl.com/ee2ps ... LOL, when I was
      > 16, my uncle * gave * me his '79 Caprice Classic rather than * pay * a
      > junkyard to haul it away. My friends in high school promptly named it
      > the "S.S. Evan"... it was two-tone (white and rust)... mostly rust. But
      > sometimes it actually ran and gas was a buck a gallon, so who cared? It
      > was freedom!

      My first car was a '68 Buick Electra Estate. My second was an '83 Buick
      Century. I was well known for driving land yachts. The Century had so
      much rust it was held together with bumper stickers and decals. 8-)

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic