4006RE: [midatlanticretro] Star Trek 40th Anniv - Sep.8th - Any collection of Vintage Star Trek Games ?

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Aug 18 7:17 AM
      Dan wrote:
      > I've read about the upcoming anniversary of Star Trek 40th and wondered
      > if there was a repository of any vintage Star Trek games that I used to
      > see in the 70's (there' weren't that many it seems). I recall one of the
      > early games (ascii style)at the moment that ran on the Ohio Scientific
      > or the SOL while visiting a Computer show in NYC back then. The 80's
      > spawned a whole collection among the various machines.
      >
      > =Dan

      I have the Sol version for my Sol (available on Jim Battle's web site)
      and the Aardvark version for the OSI C1P. They are both the fairly
      standard resource management games, so many sectors, so many star bases
      so many Klingons, etc. The OSI version uses some of the special characters
      that the C1P could display... there were four characters specifically
      for Star Trek: Enterprise facing left (front and back) and facing right
      (front and back). Each character was an 8x8 pixel matrix and they looked
      something like: (view with non-proportional font)

      * *******
      * ***