3986RE: [midatlanticretro] Rescue: 2 Altair 8800's !

    Aug 12, 2006
      Nice, good job Bill!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: B Degnan [mailto:billdeg@...]
      Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:36 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Rescue: 2 Altair 8800's !

      Today I got a call about 2 Altair computers. I am going to pick them up
      Weds. I offered and he accepted a fair price. They are the original 8800's
      in nice shape from a college physics department.
      The cards inside seem to be your standard fare, the pics did not reveal
      every detail, but enough to get the idea.

      They were going to be thrown away, but this guy found them and took them
      home. Plus drives and manuals, etc. What luck, eh? Almost too good to be
      true, but the pictures are real.

      It pays to post on message boards, that's how the guy found me.

      Bill D