3931Re: Everyone -- please reply to this email

  • Herb Johnson
    Aug 1, 2006

      > A simple query ... regarding the Boston trip, have I grossly
      misjudged what
      > MARCHins are interested in doing, activity-wise?
      >
      > We've got 100+ people on this list, only two people beside me want
      to go,
      > and only a handful of others declined for various personal / scheduling
      > reasons. So what about the other 90-ish people...?

      > I crave your feedback.
      >
      > - Evan

      You asked for feedback. I already posted that, in effect, the Boston
      event was too expensive as described. Plus, I just came from points
      north of that; plus the likely heat. I could say more, but it would
      amount to saying I have less money to spend than others - that's
      embarassing and personal.

      As for the 100 plus members of the list; Evan, sort that list by
      distance from Boston. Consider that the cost of the trip, including
      the hotel (if the room is not shared), plus food, plus CAR travel to
      and from Boston and RI, would likely be over $400. And I think you can
      eliminate flying in for the event, that would add hundreds easily.
      Consequently anyone more than say 400 miles away from Boston is not
      likely to attend. That distance would be south of Trenton NJ. I'm not
      sure how far west to extend it, but you get the idea.

      Herb Johnson
      usual .sig omitted
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic