3928Re: [midatlanticretro] Everyone -- please reply to this email

  • William Pechter
    Aug 1, 2006
      I'd have been there in a minute... Unfortunately, the job has me rolling out remote sites in Canada and my boss is going to be out of town and I've got the support and pager that weekend.

      A little more lead time to schedule the trip in and I'd have been there.

      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      A simple query ... regarding the Boston trip, have I grossly misjudged what
      MARCHins are interested in doing, activity-wise?

      We've got 100+ people on this list, only two people beside me want to go,
      and only a handful of others declined for various personal / scheduling
      reasons. So what about the other 90-ish people...?

      A big-picture plea ... it's very hard to run a group if the constituents
      rarely speak up about what they want from the group ... I like to think I
      understand my fellow vintage computer nerds, but who really knows? So, let
      this email stand as the catalyst for a brainstorming thread please!

      In addition to our museum work, VCF, and the swapmeet, what else should
      MARCH do for fun? Or do most people think that's enough; is this all we
      want from the group?

      I crave your feedback.

      - Evan

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic