3923Re: [midatlanticretro] Everyone -- please reply to this email

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Jul 31, 2006
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > A simple query ... regarding the Boston trip, have I grossly misjudged what
      > MARCHins are interested in doing, activity-wise?
      > We've got 100+ people on this list, only two people beside me want to go,
      > and only a handful of others declined for various personal / scheduling
      > reasons. So what about the other 90-ish people...?
      > A big-picture plea ... it's very hard to run a group if the constituents
      > rarely speak up about what they want from the group ... I like to think I
      > understand my fellow vintage computer nerds, but who really knows? So, let
      > this email stand as the catalyst for a brainstorming thread please!
      > In addition to our museum work, VCF, and the swapmeet, what else should
      > MARCH do for fun? Or do most people think that's enough; is this all we
      > want from the group?
      > I crave your feedback.

      I think it could be interesting to get a bunch of our personal machines
      out to an unusual venue (like a beach or something) and get them talking
      to each other in various interesting ways. Just having a group hack
      session could itself be fun.

      I would definitely like to pay a visit to RICM, as you were indicating
      would be possible for this trip.

      And I'd also like to say that I had an absolute blast at HOPE.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic