3912Re: More people for Boston trip?

  • Herb Johnson
    Jul 31, 2006
      > ..AAug 18-20....
      > So far it's just me, Jim Scheef, and David Comley -- and three
      people isn't
      > much of an adventure -- is anyone else interested at all?
      >
      >.... Yesterday we found a phenonenal hotel rate of only
      > $134 right near the MIT campus (Kendall Sq.) which includes wifi,
      breakfast,
      > and parking.
      >
      > - Evan

      If budget is an issue, it's reasonable to consider staying outside of
      Boston in the subburbs and taking the "T" into Kendal Square via one
      of the surburban trains. I've visited Boston many times; the trains
      run regularly and fairly late; they are not terribly expensive. Also
      they save driving in and out of Cambridge and other places. I consider
      the T as fun, they seem clean enough...

      Seems to me, if you plan driving to RI anyway, stay well south of
      Boston and just take the T in and around Boston for those events. Or
      carpool. There are some Motel 6's south of Boston, prices in the
      mid-$70's. Spend the difference in $$$ on food.

      If I go, I'd drive up and stay with relatives nearby. But I just got
      back from a week in NH/VT and if I go to the MIT flea market, I'd go
      to sell so I'd do it in Sept/Oct when there is more activity (i.e.
      students). It's unlikely I'll make this August trip.

      Also, the weather has been hot as hell lately. Will it get better two
      weeks from now? LEt's check weather.com for Boston...the ten-day is
      highs from low to mid-80's at 60% humidity and sunny. Sounds kinda
      hot, in the wrong way...

      Just some comments..

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA