387play Battleship using VisiCalc

  • ahm
    Apr 26, 2005
      I still get a kick out of this for some reason...

      Dan Bricklin will allow you to download a fully functional MSDOS
      executable of VisiCalc from his web site. It's from 1981 and weighs
      in at a "whopping" 27,520 bytes:
      http://www.bricklin.com/history/vcexecutable.htm

      So today while cleaning up, I found an old "SpreadSheet" newsletter,
      (issue 13, Nov/Dec 1982 from "The International Electronic SpreadSheet User's
      Group"). On pages 8 and 9, there's a spreadsheet to play Battleship (really!).

      I spent about an hour typing it in and debugging it.
      It will work with the executable above, feel free to download and enjoy:
      http://ahm.ath.cx/download/batlship.vc

      Andy