3760RE: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

    Jul 5, 2006
      I just spoke with the guy who's our middleman to the HOPE people (Sam Nitzberg, who is running the panel on which Sellam is speaking.)  He said we're getting everything we asked for, which is a minimum of 10x10 sq. ft. of space, with tables on three of the four sides, so people can walk into the middle, along with basic electrical power.  We're also getting comp passes.  I'll feel more comfortable when I see this information directly from HOPE in writing (should arrive this weekend), but I have no reason to doubt it.  Early next week we'll sort out the details about travel and stuff.

      As Jim noted, they posted the full conference schedule.  That's at http://www.hopenumbersix.net/speakers.html#Grid ... remember, the more people we have to man our booth, the more we can take turns attending the lectures.

      From: Jim Scheef [mailto:jscheef@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:41 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Update on the HOPE conference in NYC

      Evan,

      The HOPE website has been updated with the speaker schedule and a few other details. Unfortunately it can best be called a work in progress with instructions to fill in the press registration form - but no form, and similar anomolies. I'm hopefull (no pun) about coming in on the train for a day. The interesting talks are spread out between Friday and Saturday with most at nite. I would like to write an article on the event for my computer club's newsletter (www.dacs.org).

      Jim