37121Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MARCH museum promo video

  • Ray Sills
    Aug 8 5:06 PM
      On Aug 8, 2014, at 1:47 PM, corey986 wrote:

      > Dan,
      >
      > Since we are not profiting from it and I own a CD of the song, do
      > I not have fair use? Isn't it the same as my having a BBQ for my
      > MARCH friends and then playing my stereo?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Corey

      HI Corey:

      No. You only own the materials of which the CD was manufactured. The
      -content- is owned by the publishing company and the composer(s).
      "All rights reserved" And, they mean all. The only thing -you- can
      do is play the CD for your own entertainment, and even then, it can't
      be in a public place. If your friends come to visit you in your
      domicile and you play the music, -that- would be fair use.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic