36850RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Hamfest Sunday, July 13th. Augusta NJ

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Jul 15, 2014
      > From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of
      > retro@... [midatlanticretro] <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      > I attended the hamfest and enjoyed the event, as did a number of MARCH members who were also there.
      Thanks for coming. I recall seeing Chris L, Brian C, Andy and Steve (from infoAge).

      > I think there were more sellers this year than last. I haven't done a count but I'd guess between
      > 150 and 200 seller-spaces?
      203 outdoor sellers (up about 10 from last year) , and 30 indoor

      > I think hamfests are within topic, because 1) there's still some amount of vintage computing technology,
      > books, magazines provided. Also 2) it's an event that draws our colleagues who may also be in amateur radio.
      > Finally, 3) it's a venue to obtain test equipment and parts needed to restore vintage computers.
      I agree that a good hamfest is useful for our group, but I always debate about if it is on topic or not. I picked up a DEC PDP CPU handbook.

      > Herb Johnson
      Thanks for coming Herb (and the rest of you).

      Kelly - KB2SYD
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic