36847Re: OT: Hamfest Sunday, July 13th. Augusta NJ

  • s100doctor
    Jul 15, 2014

      ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <kelly@...> wrote :

      > We still have a pretty decent hamfest up here in
      >Sussex County NJ. Come and see.

      I attended the hamfest and enjoyed the event, as did a number of MARCH members who were also there. I think there were more sellers this year than last. I haven't done a count but I'd guess between 150 and 200 seller-spaces? I think hamfests are within topic, because 1) there's still some amount of vintage computing technology, books, magazines provided. Also 2) it's an event that draws our colleagues who may also be in amateur radio. Finally, 3) it's a venue to obtain test equipment and parts needed to restore vintage computers.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic