367RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Bringing up old topics... And a new one too.

  • Evan
    Apr 25, 2005
      LOL, I agree with the "do" part, but either way "a bunch of obsessive nerds" is right on the mark!

      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John
      Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 9:53 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Re: Bringing up old topics... And a new one too.

      Personally, I prefer "Computing."  It's good to have a verb in the
      name.  It's more active.  "Retro Computer Hobbyists" makes us sound
      like a bunch of obsessive nerds who collect old computers,
      whereas "Retro Computing Hobbyists" makes us sound like a bunch of
      obsessive nerds who *do* things with old computers.  Much better.  :)

      -John

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:

      > I always thought it was Mid-Atlantic
      Retro "Computing" Hobbyists.
      But
      > tonight I saw it listed on
      our under-construction new web site as
      > "Computer".
      >
      > Now
      that we have many more members (a whopping 67, LOL, how did THAT

      happen!?), I'd like to hear new and fresh opinions on this detail
      of our
      > name.  Should it be "Computing" or
      "Computer"...?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic