366Re: Bringing up old topics... And a new one too.

  • John
    Apr 25, 2005
      Personally, I prefer "Computing." It's good to have a verb in the
      name. It's more active. "Retro Computer Hobbyists" makes us sound
      like a bunch of obsessive nerds who collect old computers,
      whereas "Retro Computing Hobbyists" makes us sound like a bunch of
      obsessive nerds who *do* things with old computers. Much better. :)

      -John

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:

      > I always thought it was Mid-Atlantic Retro "Computing" Hobbyists.
      But
      > tonight I saw it listed on our under-construction new web site as
      > "Computer".
      >
      > Now that we have many more members (a whopping 67, LOL, how did THAT
      > happen!?), I'd like to hear new and fresh opinions on this detail
      of our
      > name. Should it be "Computing" or "Computer"...?
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic