36551Re: [midatlanticretro] workshop day

    Jun 16, 2014
      On 06/16/2014 12:10 AM, Jeffrey Brace ark72axow@...
      [midatlanticretro] wrote:
      > Yeah how did the PA/Ohio workshop go?

      It went well. Dan worked on badly damaged Z100, Matt Patoray hacked
      on some vintage Macs and got quite a bit of stuff running, and I
      continued work on my media imaging machine. I got the SCSI 9-track
      drive running on that yesterday. Josh Benedetto, a local DEC guy, hung
      out for a bit and helped with some random hacking.

      Later in the evening, Matthew Whitehead stopped by and we talked for a
      long time.

      Midway through, I had a network outage caused by the melting of a
      rocker switch in one of those five-foot-long power strips in the back of
      one of my production network racks. That took me away from the fun for
      awhile, but the problem was eventually rectified. Lost a nearly
      two-year uptime on one of my servers, feh.

      But a good time was had by all, and we ate a VERY LARGE QUANTITY of pizza.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3