36455Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE

  • retro
    Jun 10, 2014
      On 6/9/2014 4:21 PM, Evan Koblentz evan@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:

      > Does anyone read this list anymore? :)
      > MARCH's demo will be an Apple timeline, sans the Lisa 1, which we don't
      > have and we can't find anyone who has one to bring.
      > ....Unless someone comes up with a better theme in the next day or
      > two.... we can't just have a general "vintage computing" exhibit at this
      > show; gotta come up with something coherent. I asked around a week or
      > two ago, and nobody replied. :(
      > But .... we're also going to have a side table for Emmanuel Goldstein's
      > S-100 system, which 2600 asked us to take home and restore for them.

      Evan, to answer your first paragraph's question: This list is too long
      to read and human-remember everything. I counted eighty-three messages
      for June 9th (mostly on blue boxes). There's certainly several a day
      minimum. I don't archive (many) MARCH messages on my local computer,
      that's Yahoo's job.

      Your third paragraph on "S-100 system...2600... which we just restored"
      caught my eye. I have a small interest in S-100. I think I saw something
      about a 2600 system to be restored, but not that it was S-100. I just
      went on Yahoo's Web site for MARCH's messages, and multiple searches
      only show one message that describes Goldstein plus 2600 plus "S-100" -
      your message today. Alternative searches were not productive.

      Do you have more information on the Goldstein/S-100 system, somewhere,
      some message I should read? Presumably your side-table will have some
      description displayed. Since you say "restore for them", I assume the
      S-100 system will be returned to 2600 - or will MARCH/Infoage retain and
      show it? My "apologies" if you posted a message on this, but I did a
      good-faith effort to "read this list" for it.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson
      http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net
    • Show all 75 messages in this topic