36090Re: [midatlanticretro] Workshop - anyone want to help with an OSI

  • joshbensadon
    May 24, 2014
      ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <drummy@...> wrote :

      >I will work with Allen on his OSI.
      >I have a little experience, But no disk drives.
      >Does he use cassette? It actually dosen't matter. We will make some progress no matter what he brings.
      > Bill Drom

      Hi Bill,
      I only have experience with my own Superboard, but from it I learned 2 things.
      1. Cheap sockets will drive you crazy with intermittent symptoms.
      2. How to open the individual keyboard switches and repair.  This paper is available at OSIWEB

      http://www.osiweb.org/repairs_and_mods/OSI%20Superboard%20II%20-%20Fixing%20Keyboard%20Switch.pdf

      Cheers,
      Josh

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic