35940Re: [midatlanticretro] New Member & The MightyFrame

  • connorwk1
    May 12 1:45 PM

      ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <Mcguire@...> wrote :
      On 05/12/2014 04:08 PM, touchetek@... [midatlanticretro] wrote:
      > You don't see these surface very often.
      > Perhaps they were not allowed into the secondary markets.
      > I know of only one B series, a B21 or B22 that I could lay my hands on.
      > It is stored near me in a warehouse but in really rough shape.
      > I've been tempted several times to take it on for restoration
      > but I think its too far gone.

      > There are very few of these machines out there. IMO it should be
      > grabbed regardless of its condition. How far gone it is just boils down
      > to time. It's not like many more will show up..

      The B21 and B22 are both interesting looking machines.
      I would have to agree though, grab the machine if you can.
      I have a B26 fully functional with pretty much all it's manuals I started off with this machine only grabbing a CPU unit and slowly got in contact with the right people getting everything from the ram expansion packs to the monitor and keyboard. The guy who gave me the manuals actually said he was going to throw them out so I grabbed them too.
      It has the CPU unit, FDD and HD unit and a HD expansion both HDs work and the FDD works as well formatting, writing, and reading. ( Basicly this configuration http://www.dvq.com/oldcomp/Burroughs/large/b20_2.JPG )
      I do have an extra CPU unit with an extra ram expansion pack (missing a cover for the ram expansion and i/o cover) so if anyone needs parts out of it or wants it I have an extra one.
      Obviously won't help you with the B21 or B22 but I thought I'd throw it out there.
      Good luck with them if you do grab them though.

      -Connor
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic