35855Re: The Machine Emulator (TME) running on a Mac?

  • jcl_fixit
    May 7, 2014
      Hi Earl

      If it was me, I'd try netbooting from a yp/dns/bootp/nfs server running native daemons (on your macintosh or whatever) as that would cut out a lot of emulation -- of course at the price of interoperability challenges.  I'll confess I haven't booted a Sun 2 for several decades, but last time I had a Sun 3 (about one decade ago) I seem to remember it was pretty straightfoward getting it to boot from a i386 FreeBSD machine, even with byte-order swapping.

      Is that any help?

      All best,
      Jonathan.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic