3581RE: [midatlanticretro] OTish: Selectric typewriter available

    Jun 14, 2006
      Most people just call him "Ray", not Boyd.... fyi....

      From: Jim Scheef [mailto:jscheef@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:58 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OTish: Selectric typewriter available

      Boyd,

      I agree it would be a nice addition sitting next to the keypunch. Can you
      bring it to InfoAge?

      Jim

      --- BOYD BORRILL <b.r.borrill@ sbcglobal. net> wrote:

      > Kelly, If you unload that one I have another. However, Mine
      already has the
      > modifications and controller/translat or box to
      connect it to a parallel
      > port, and it still functions as a wide crriage,
      correcting Selectric. Sold
      > A BUNCH OF THEM BACK WHEN IT WAS A MATRIX
      PRINTR, DAISY-WHELL PRINTER, THIS
      > OR NOTHING. PRINTS 15 CHARACTERS PER
      SECOND AND USES A STANDARD OFFICE
      > STYLE PRINT THINBLE. tHE INTERFACE BOX
      TRNSLATES FROM ASCII TO STANDARD
      > SELECTRIC TILT-ROTATE CODES, AND DRIVES
      THE SOLINOIDS THAT MAAKE THE
      > TILT-ROTATE MECHANISM TO DO THERE THING,
      PLUS THE SOLINOIDS FOR THE VARIOUS
      > FUNCTION KEYS LIKE "INDEX", "TAB",
      "CR/LF, ETC.
      > It was given to me by the widow of the guy I sold it to for
      use with a
      > SOL-20 and an Apple IIE with which he wrote technical books
      and manuals. He
      > didn't use it much and a friend of mine that services
      typewriters for a
      > living told me that it has no more than a few thousnd
      characters of use on
      > it. Anyone tha wants it can have it for the
      shipping cost and packaging.
      > I'd estimate about $100.00 via
      FEDEX/KINKO' s.

      > Evan note: It would look great in the
      museum exhibits.:>)

      Leavitt <kelly@catcorner. org> wrote:
      > Anyone want one of these lovely beasts? The big, heavy
      brown
      > units. Weighs a ton. Free if you come get it. There were
      conversion kits
      > for turning them into printers going back quite a few
      years.

      > Kelly
      >

      > Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic