35681Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Apple discounts?

  • Ray Sills
    Apr 27, 2014
      On Apr 27, 2014, at 9:29 AM, madodel wrote:

      > On 4/27/14, 8:59 AM, Ray Sills wrote:
      >> On Apr 26, 2014, at 10:41 PM, Richard Cini wrote:
      >>> Not much of a discount on Macs. There is an educational discount
      >>> program but you have to be a teacher, administrator, or matriculated
      >>> student.
      >>> I mostly buy refurbished Macs right from Apple. They sell at a
      >>> little discount to the price of a new unit.
      >>> Rich
      >> I have purchased several re-furbs from Apple.... never any problems.
      >> AND... you still get a 1 year warranty, just like a new unit.
      > I agree. I have purchased Macbook Pros and iMacs via both Apple
      > refurbished and their education program (need to be a student,
      > faculty or
      > institution). Discount is small but the products are excellent and
      > you can
      > take the products to an Apple store for service under warranty just
      > the
      > same as if you bought it for the full price.
      > Mark

      In fact, I did just that. A refurb Mac Book had a battery that was
      going south after 11 months... and it was replaced under warranty...
      and still going strong after 5 years. So, no complaint on that. I
      guess I'll have to spring for a new battery one of these days.
      Fortunately, with this model, it's a snap to replace... no pun
      intended. :)

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic