35628Re: [midatlanticretro] Catweasel, are they still available or is there an alternative

  • retro
    Apr 23, 2014
      On 4/23/2014 1:49 PM, Kelly Leavitt wrote:
      > I agree with most folks. If you're imaging basic soft sectored stuff,
      > look at Dave Dunfield's tools. His N* and related tools are also very
      > useful. For Apple ][ I use ADT. My primary "imaging" machine is a 12
      > slot industrial back-plane with a PIII SBC that handles mixed formats
      > (SS/SD 128k) up to DS/HD. DS/QD (think Tandy 2000 in my case) disks are
      > imaged using a DS/HD drive and ImageDisk or the catweasel. The images
      > I've written back out do work.
      >
      > I still use the catweasel for a lot of images. If I can't make an image
      > with ImageDisk, I use Tim Mann's [catweasel] tools
      > and get as much as I can, write
      > it back out then read with ImageDisk.
      >
      > Here is the response from Individual Computers about the catweasel
      > (please note this is all preliminary):

      Thanks for the update about their PCI bus products. But why do they
      apparently offer a Catweasel ISA card - is it for Amiga ISA-based
      systems? Looks like their PC code support for it ended in 2000.

      Herb

      --
      Herbert R. Johnson
      http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net