35590Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: anyone into TI programmable calculators?

  • David Riley
    Apr 22, 2014
      On Apr 20, 2014, at 7:34 AM, corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > Sorry, I'm only into HP. For your 28C, which is rarer of the 28 series, when removing/installing the N cell batteries, be careful with the battery cover. They tend to crack the edges on the 28 series. My HP 28S is my daily calculator because you can view the stack on the screen and the fold over keyboard is very useful so I go though the N batteries often. N batteries aren't cheap and I usually have to pay through the nose at RadioShack. I guess when RadioShack finally goes out of business I guess I'll have to go to a camera store or something.

      I'm not sure what your idea of "paying through the nose" is, but surely less than a dollar a piece (much less in quantity) should be acceptable?

      There are probably even cheaper places to get them; Digi-Key was just my first guess.

      - Dave
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic