35585I may have found an Altair with floppy drive...

  • David Hoelzer
    Apr 22, 2014
      Greetings!

      One of my searches for stuff I'd really love to have may be coming to an end. I've found someone who claims to have an Altair 8800 with floppy drive. The system is currently in unknown functional condition, but this is the guy who built it in '77.

      The trouble is that he has no idea what it's worth and, frankly, I'm not certain either. I'm pretty well versed in IMSAI values but I've come to the conclusion that I will likely never afford one unless I stumble across one at a garage sale.

      So, what would you say an 8800 and drive in unknown condition (but assume it is complete) is worth today?

      Thanks!
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic