35528Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: anyone into TI programmable calculators?

  • Michael Lee
    Apr 19, 2014
      On 4/19/2014 11:51 PM, jeff_s_jonas@... wrote:
      > Someone bought one of the 2 TI-80s I had on consignment so there's
      > apparently some interest. Those are BASIC programmable.

      That was I. Mostly for nostalgia, but ultimately to fill in a hole in
      my collection with a mint in package TI-80. It was after my time, but
      the TI-81 was the first of the models in 1990 followed by the 82 and 85
      which I have each of. Many hours in math class programming them rather
      than pay attention of course. I do want a 92 at some point as it was a
      monster of a "calculator" but I did buy a 89 in college when they came out.

      While not the most interesting historically, they were a part of the
      90's school experience along with the fascination with multimedia
      learning, with uses and lesson plans sometimes seemingly forced to make
      use of "technology."

      On a side note, I did use a HP48g as a serial terminal, connected to a
      Hayes "pocket modem" via paperclips as well.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic