35301Re: [midatlanticretro] Making final plans to attend

  • Jim Brain
    Apr 9, 2014
      On 4/9/2014 7:24 AM, David Riley wrote:
      On Apr 9, 2014, at 1:46, Jim Brain <brain@...> wrote:

      You don't tip the attendant.
      Well, some attendant just made a bit of extra cash for smokes or lunch, then.  I'll remember that for next time.
      I think Dave McGuire's exhibit would have taken up a LARGE chunk of space in the downstairs hall, possibly even more than it did last time.
      Ah, so maybe that was it.
      It came off well for a first attempt, I thought. The schedule changes were unfortunate, but some of it was due to sickness.
      I understand.  First time's are always rough, and don't misunderstand my comments.  I mainly wanted to report, as I think people can be a bit passive/aggressive in these instances.
      • It seemed like poor Evan was stretched a bit thin.  Burnout is a bummer.  Would co-coordinators or "area-captains" help?
      Are you volunteering? :-)
      I would not mind helping organize events like this, but I do think local folks have a distinct advantage.  Plus, as I think Evan noted when I called about attending and asked about the configuration, us Midwesterners are probably a bit too laid back concerning organizing things like this.  The Chicago Commodore Show/VCF-MW is no doubt prime evidence.

      It was good to meet you, Jim! Hope you can make it next time!
      Next year is the big 10, so I assume big plans are will be in store, plans that would make it impossible not to attend :-)

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic