3487Re: Compaq Portable III

  • keycat02
    May 26, 2006
      Hi Evan. I'd be happy to introduce myself. I heard about MARCH
      while browsing for CP/M software and those pesky boot disks. I have
      a Kaypro 2 that came with all the software and manuals, then
      acquired a Kaypro 1 that came with nothing. Thanks to a MARCH
      member who sent me a boot disk, the Kaypro 1 is running fine. My
      next little project is the Compaq - I guess my theme here is semi-
      portable computers. I also had a Kaypro back in the 80's... By the
      way, how are folks exchanging software and data between different
      machines? I've been using a serial connection and Kermit at both
      ends, but obviously this doesn't help with boot disks. Maybe I need
      a computer with every possible type of floppy disk? Cheers, John
      Reeve

      wrote:

      > Hi John. I saw that you posted here once before, last month I
      believe.
      > Please introduce yourself .... how did you hear about us; where
      are you
      > from; how'd you get into collecting, etc.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > - Evan
      >
      > PS -- if nobody here has what you need, then also try posting on
      the cctech
      > list via www.classiccmp.org.
      >
      > _____

      t=ms&k=Vintage+computer&w1=Vintage+computer&w2

      =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=OQUtxemiGiVYFQi
      jLdDQFQ
      > > computer Computer
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Vintage+computer&w

      2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=b4OBW9ZEKr_RIb
      _W8hBs4
      > w> security Computer
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Vintage+computer&w

      2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=38rEyxq2hSN3Ur
      XCA3oUi
      > w> training
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS