34775Re: [midatlanticretro] S100 Floppy Controller

  • Paul Birkel
    Mar 17, 2014
      What controller "brow" was IBM using when they originally introduced the "floppy disk" drive with S/370?  Curious ...

      On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 03/17/2014 02:28 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
      >> A while back I posted about an IMSAI 8080 system I acquired and my
      >> efforts to get it back into working order. The system contains a
      >> floppy controller that I have not been able to identify
      >
      > Interesting! Ohio Scientific took the same approach with their floppy
      > system, using a UART to encode/decode the datastream. In their case
      > it was a Motorola 6850.

      Heath did the same with the H-17 floppy subsystem for the H-8. I've
      always thought it was a bit, erm, "lowbrow", but it works.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ