34767Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? : Computer Desks

    Mar 16, 2014
      On 03/16/2014 06:03 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
      >> have much more room. I now have room to set up vintage computers on a
      >> separate desk. Anyone have a recommendation on good computer desks?
      >>
      >> I'd just use tables. Target, etc. sell grey plastic folding tables --
      >> six feet by 30 inches, just like the ones in the museum -- they are
      >> plenty sturdy for micros and very affordable.
      >
      > I prefer the woodgrain laminate banquet tables from Office Depot. The
      > ones with the solid metal rectangular frame underneath. Can hold pretty
      > much any monitor that can fit on it. Basically indestructible.

      Are those actually still made?? I love those, but I hate the new
      cheap plastic-top ones which are the only ones I've been able to find in
      the past few years. I don't think I've checked at Office Depot though.
      I'd love to get a few more. I have problems with gear sliding around
      on the plastic-topped ones.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ