34622Re: [midatlanticretro] Yet another awesome VCF update

    Mar 2, 2014
      On 03/02/2014 08:54 PM, David Riley wrote:
      >> Earlier I said we'll probably be at 36 exhibitors by tomorrow: I was
      >> wrong, we got there today.
      >>
      >> The new exhibit is DEC service company VARx. They're showing a
      >> PDP-11/05. More important, they're also having a vendor booth, and
      >> here's the awesome sauce: on Saturday (April 5) they are giving 50% of
      >> all DEC items.
      >>
      >> You read that correctly!!
      >>
      > Are they bringing their entire inventory? I've been lusting after some
      > if their more esoteric stuff for some time now, but it hasn't been
      > affordable for me. This is very exciting.

      Um...They are a pretty big outfit. I would not count on them bringing
      any significant percentage of their inventory.

      That said, though, they're pretty close to you. I'll be heading out
      to their place after VCF. (not on the same trip)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ