34570Re: [midatlanticretro] Suggestions for composite to VGA and/or HDMI converter

  • Ray Sills
    Feb 27, 2014
      On Feb 27, 2014, at 8:29 AM, <bob@...> <bob@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm not going to be able to squeeze all my computers and large
      > monitors into my small car for VCF and am thinking of using some LCD
      > panels for display. None of them take composite video, of course,
      > so does someone have experience with a particular brand/model
      > converts that work? Or horror stories of models to avoid?
      > Searching on Amazon is tiresome because their search tends to
      > produce VGA to composite solutions.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Bob

      After you cost things out, you might want to consider an inexpensive
      TV set. All of them have a composite video input, and most also have
      a VGA input. Oh, and they have an off-the-air and cable NTSC/ATSC
      tuner, too. Then, you have a spare TV for the house. Not too long
      ago, I got one from AD2DA for $55 that runs from battery power. Of
      course, it has a small screen (7"). I've seen TV sets for $99 or less
      in the stores.

      73 de Ray
      K2ULR
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic