      From: Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...>
      To: midatlanticretro <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Feb 24, 2014 4:52 pm
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] trouble finding a few parts

      On 02/24/2014 04:48 PM, B Degnan wrote:

      > Anyone have for sale, or can point me to a few items? > > 20 pF ceramic capacitor
      These should be all over the place. I have thousands of 'em in surface-mount; I'll see if I've got one in through-hole. If so, I'll mail you one.
      > GD510 diode. (is there a substitute?)
      Now this is a different matter. That's a pretty well-known diode and it's tough to find. It's a germanium diode, and the circuit *may* depend on some of its characteristics. You might get by with something like a 1N34A or a 1N60. Can you send me the relevant part of the schematic?
      > I am working to install the Heathkit ETA-3400 expansion unit to a ET3400 > Trainer. To do this they say one must bump up the processing speed to > 4mhz, more RAM, etc. by adding a few modifications to the main unit.
      Cool! -Dave -- Dave McGuire, AK4HZ New Kensington, PA ------------------------------------ Yahoo Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic