      From: Garrett Nievin <gnievin@...>
      To: midatlanticretro <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 09:10 AM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Baltimore Event Photos

      I'm new to the mailing list.  I sure wish I'd gone to this event (I'm
      in the DC/VA area)!  I programmed on a Univac 494 in the Air Force, had
      a lot of great days (and long nights) with that old critter.  Cards,
      tapes, Fastrand drums, a few Uniscope terminals.

      Cheers,
      Garrett

      On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:06:54 -0500
      "DuaneCraps" <duaneb.craps@...> wrote:

      > Bill; > > Thanks for posting the pictures. I enjoyed them very much, esp. the Univac
      490. I never saw early Univac commercial equipment; only military. The 490 picture that you labeled wire-wrap looks to me to be their older tapered pin technology like used on the 1206 computers. I can’t blow the picture up enough to be sure. Pins were crimped onto wires, then staked into the sockets by a impact tool similar to an automatic center punch. On other panels I can see wire-wraps. Maybe some sections were built at different times, or during a transition period. Each pin on a card jack had two sockets in order to daisy-chain to the next circuit point.
      > > Duane > > > From: B Degnan > Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:29 AM > To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [midatlanticretro] Baltimore Event Photos > > > A few photos > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread_record.cfm?id=537&tid=2 > B > >
      ------------------------------------ Yahoo Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic